It’s fine and good to hear that digital marketing is the the way to spend marketing dollars, but just how effective is it? Where’s the proof that it’s working?
Studies have revealed the effectiveness of social media and email marketing over more traditional forms of marketing such as advertising and telemarketing. (Source: Hubspot)
According to HubSpot’s 2013 State of Inbound Marketing Report, social media and search generate quick, effective communication and interaction with targeted audiences while delivering better-than-average results in lead conversion rates. (Source: Hubspot)
Here are a few more statistics on the benefits of Digital Marketing:
- 40% of businesses claim they get considerable savings on their ad spending by using digital marketing as their primary method of promotion for their products and services (Source: Gartner)
- Companies that use digital marketing strategies have 2.8 times better revenue growth expectancy compared to those who do not (Source: Enterprise)
- 91% of adults in the United States always have their mobile devices within reaching distance. (Source: Insivia)
- 90 percent of customers trust information about a particular brand, product or service if it’s recommended to them by people they know (Source: Nielsen)
- Content marketing generated three times as many leads as traditional outbound marketing in 2015, while costing 62% less. (Source: HubSpot)
- Content creation and management claim the second-largest share of digital marketing budgets. (Source: KaPost)
- On average, 60% of a marketer’s time is devoted to digital marketing activities (Source: Smart Insights and Ecommerce Expo)
- 73% of B2B marketers use video as a content marketing tactic and 7% of marketers plan on increasing their YouTube marketing. (Source: Youtube)
- 71% of companies planned to increase their digital marketing budgets this year. (Source: Webbiquity)
- 50% of companies are using digital marketing, but don’t have a strategy. (Source: Smart Insights and TFM&A)
- 60% of all internet activity in the US originates from mobile devices and roughly half of internet traffic flows through mobile apps. (Source: CMO Council)
- 50% of all mobile searches are conducted in hopes of finding local results and 61% of those searches result in a purchase. (Source: Search Engine Watch)
These are just a few statistics available regarding the high prevalence and success of digital marketing. Some additional statistics can be found in the following articles by Smart Insights, and Digital Marketing Philippines. Socially Bold Digital Marketing can help your business hit the ground running, with valuable digital marketing campaigns, analytics, and custom social media marketing and original content.
Socially Bold is a digital marketing firm located in Jacksonville, Florida providing marketing services to small to mid-sized local businesses. Specializing in social media and content marketing, Socially Bold focuses on aligning with clients, the ‘Socially Bold Community’, to deliver innovative ideas and translate those into refreshing results. For more information about Socially Bold, visit sociallybold.com. Join the #SociallyBold conversation on Twitter @sociallyboldjax, Facebook @sociallybold, Instagram @sociallybold, Pinterest @sociallybold or Google+ @sociallybold.